EASA part 66 B2 Engineers ( These are Engineers specialized either in mechanics or avionics ) They can perform and issue CRS on avionics. EASA part 66 B1 or A&C license Engineers. These Engineers generally sign for all mechanical parts and the engines.


  • B1 license is for airframe and engine. ( A&C are also included here )
  • B2 license is for avionics system.

Here we also have to offer types aircraft ( Ratings and so on ).
This will then need to be followed by further study on a type rating course taken at an approved Centre. ( For instance B747-400 type rating ) and then practical experience on type to gain company approvals


Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Careers:

  • Aircraft Engineers and Aircraft Mechanics work on a permanent basis as an employee of an airline or MRO organization. Many more are employed on a contract basis, working for themselves via recruitment businesses that provide staffing services for airlines or MROs.
  • Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers will need to prove their skills. As one, you will need a basic license (for instance a B1 EASA Part 66 licensed aircraft engineer's license). This will require many months of study (either about aircraft avionics for a B2 license or airframe & engine for a B1 license).
  • This will then need to be followed by further study on a type rating course taken at an approved Centre (for instance B747-400 type rating), and then practical experience on type to gain company approvals



How to become an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer and Aircraft Fitter:

As a licensed aircraft engineer you will need to be in possession of a basic aircraft engineer's license, at least one type rating for an aircraft, many hours/months/years spent gaining your practical experience, and a company approval to issue a Certificate of Release to Service for an aircraft. It is a highly skilled job and one which can take some years to achieve.



Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Jobs/ Fitter Jobs


Aircraft Fitter Jobs:

If you are a fitter you will need to search for Aircraft technicians jobs, aircraft mechanics jobs or aircraft fitters jobs (various terms are used interchangeably).


Line Maintenance Engineer Jobs:

Line Maintenance Engineer jobs will require a certified aircraft engineer to sign aircraft off 'on line'. The checks a line maintenance engineer carries out are light checks and are done during turn-around or overnight. You must have a license and approvals in order to sign a 'Certificate of Release to Service'.


Base Maintenance Engineer Jobs:

Base Maintenance Engineer jobs require a certified aircraft engineer to sign aircraft off. The nature of the work focusses on bigger aircraft maintenance projects (or heavy checks). It usually takes longer than a Line Check. Checks are categorized and a base maintenance engineer's job is typically carrying out C Checks in the hangar over a number of days or weeks.


Aircraft License Types:

Basic licenses are issued by the competent authority. License types are, for instance, an EASA Part 66 license or ICAO license. Licensed Engineers tend to specialize either in mechanics or avionics. Avionics Engineers (or EASA Part 66 B2 engineers) are able to issue CRS on avionics systems, while Airframe and Engine engineers (or A&C or B1 License Engineers)


Airspace Jobs

Airspace Design Engineer Jobs and Aircraft Manufacturing Jobs are filled by aerospace engineers skilled in aircraft design using software like DOORS and NASTRAN. Specialisms include Aerospace Design and Stress Engineer jobs, Aerodynamics jobs, Avionics Systems Design Engineer jobs, CATIA Jobs and IT jobs. Airspace defense jobs.